Information for students and families who think Squash Haven might be right for them:
What is Squash Haven?
Why should your child join our team?
- Squash Haven welcomes young people into a supportive, nurturing, and dedicated community of students and staff.
- Squash Haven sticks by team members and their families for up to a 14 year commitment.
- 79% of team members attend top 100 colleges and universities.
- College team members receive over $2.1 million annually in financial aid scholarships and awards.
- 50% of team members play squash in college.
How much commitment is required?
- Students come three or more days per week for 2-3 hour sessions.
- Students are making a long-term commitment to Squash Haven. After the tryout period, students make the team. Their spot is reserved through middle school, high school, and college.
- Attendance is a priority! Team members are asked to maintain 90% attendance.
Who can join?
- Students in grades 5-11 are eligible to try out for the team. Tryouts typically run throughout the fall, though we will consider candidates throughout the year if there is room in a particular grade.
- New team members are selected after a rigorous tryout process that includes academic and athletic tryouts at Yale as well as a written application, teacher recommendations, and family interviews.
- Our primary selection variables are academic and athletic motivation and commitment. We also proactively seek team members from low income families who will be the first in their family to graduate from college.
- Please see our eligibility requirements and reach out to Tryouts Coordinator Mike Greer (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.